Thursday, July 14, 2011

And So We Begin

The oldest long-distance hiking trail in the country, Vermont's Long trail seems a fitting place to begin what will hopefully be a lifetime of extended hikes. In the summer of 2012, I plan to travel the Long Trail's 272-mile footpath along with its 185 miles of side trails with my dog, Ramius. The plan, as it sits now, is to arrive at the Massachusetts-Vermont border in mid-May and to make our way to the end of the trail by mid-June. Hopefully this will allow enough time to get back to Colorado by July so Ramius and I can hike the Colorado Trail before it gets too chilly.

I plan on using this blog as a means of helping myself plan and prepare for the journey, keep in touch with friends and family, as well as provide a resource for any future LT hikers - especially those who might be travelling with their own canine companions.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment